9.02.2008

A tiger, an hyena, and an elephant

I did these paintings at the beginning of the year. I wanted the nursery to be decorated so I'd have something to look at while I rocked the new baby that was coming. Also, I wanted the room to be clad in greys, oranges, browns, greens, and black. That seemed fitting for a baby boy. I'm sure Jack is stoked about it too. The paintings each incorporate pieces of fabric I cut shapes from. The fabric is from IKEA and I purchased enough to make a runner for the dresser and I will soon be making a stuffed pillow/armchair thing out of the same. I may have enough left over for a few more pillows for the bed (when we switch the crib out for a bed someday).





You may notice that these animals appeared in an earlier post. I first created them for the invitation to M's birthday party and the hyena puppets at the party too.

No comments: