4.22.2009

Milestones

Well, Jack is officially weaned. That doesn't mean he doesn't still want to nurse (he tries to get in there and smacks me where it counts when he's thirsty/hungry), but this week was the end of it. It's been more than a day now and we're not going back. I have to admit a little bit of sadness. I enjoy nursing. It's nice to have to slow down, sit down, hold baby and snuggle. I will miss that. But it's time.

He also learned to tell me he wants his diaper off by grabbing at it. Not that anyone wants to know about that, but I love to see him learning to communicate more clearly. He doesn't just cry at everything, but is really making efforts at more efficient communication. It's so cute. He also has a few new words. His first word was "nuh, nuh" which means "no". His next word was "uh-uh" which he's refined to "uh-oh" now. Today he added another one, "bah" for ball & balloon. He says "ma, ma, ma, ma" and "da, da, da" but I don't think he uses them as words yet, just fun sounds to say.

1 comment:

RAQ said...

ahh, he's really growing up!