3.10.2009

So grown up!

Mavis came out of the toy room yesterday with some little fake birds that she's not supposed to remove from the little bird cage hanging in her bedroom. They're just decorations that break easily. Now that she's four she likes to show how much more grown up she is.

"Mom, when I was free (i.e. "three") me and Sophia took these (the birds) out of my room. I have to put them back now." Later to Jack she says, "Me and Soph were naughty, Jack, when I was free." When she came back from returning the birds to her room I asked if she'd put them back in the cage. She responded, "Yes, and I lockeded the cage so naughty girls can't get them out; no free-year-olds!"

Well, she's still naughty on occasion, such as yesterday, when she cut her hair herself . . . or maybe Katie, the neighbor girl cut it. Each says the other did it, so who knows. It's her second hair cut ever. Remember the first one? Another neighbor friend. :)

Following are before and after shots from the same day (thanks to Erin for the lovely blue dress!!).

1 comment:

Lora said...

MAN!! Her bangs were just so cute before. She seems to be pretty proud of the handy work!