2.19.2009

Kamut Pancakes


These are my favorite pancakes. I like them thin, but with a light, fluffy texture inside.

1 large egg
1 cup kamut flour
1 1/4 cup milk (add a little more if you want the pancakes even thinner)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
2 Tablespoons oil (I usually use olive oil)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon table salt

Oil the griddle or skillet and heat to medium low. Meanwhile, fill a plastic squeeze bottle with the batter (think honey bear, or ketchup bottle with the pointed tip). When a drop of water in the pan sizzles and dances around the pan is hot enough. Use the bottle of batter to draw fun shapes in the pan. When pancake is covered with bubbles, and fairly dry around the edges flip and cook on the other side for about 15 to 30 seconds (give or take, depending on how hot your pan is).


My second favorite recipe is Janet's whole wheat & flax pancake. Someday I'll find that and post it too.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I will have to save our next empty ketchup bottle. I love the creativity.

Charl