12.29.2008

Mean Mommy




Mavis slept over at Nama's house last night. I brought her some clothes to wear the next morning. This dress is one I made to sell at the Beehive Bazaar (obviously, it didn't sell). I guess she doesn't like it, but I made her put it on anyway. I also made the headband to match the dress. Now, to be honest, I was trying to be a little sneaky. I can't get her to wear any of the dresses I made, but often, if I can't get her to wear something I want her to when I'm helping her get dressed at home all I have to do is bring it along somewhere else when I know she'll need a change of clothes and she'll change right in to whatever I bring, no problem. I've done this many times when I want her to wear some outfit that she's averse to. Anyways, my trickster ways didn't work this time. She was really mad.

4 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

OH!! she is darling. I love that little dress and headband! Nice job! I'd want to wear that if I was a little girl...Too funny though!

RAQ said...

Cute outfit! These kids are just so young and opinionated! It can be so exasperating!

AO said...

Hey, bring the dress on over to me...I'll wear it! LOVED your Christmas card. Mavis sounds like a spirited little girl..... how fun!

Zoe said...

I am dying that your daughter's name is Mavis!! I love that!! I might just has to borrow it for an owl or something. So cute!

She is adorable. I love those big eyes.

I didn't realize that you did graphic design too. So do I!! I am self taught and have done random jobs on the side but I love it. The only problem is that I taught myself in PS7 - not illustrator. That is my next goal to tackle. :)